Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankful for Baby Hannah

10 Reasons I'm Thankful for Baby Hannah:

Hannah turns 4 months old on Thanksgiving Day this week.  Oooooh, how I love this little turkey.  Since I have ten pics, I'll post "10 Reasons I'm Thankful for Baby Hannah" (a good way to limit my sometimes often lengthy and cumbersome posts).  I realize that Hannah is NOT dressed for the chilly fall/winter Cache Valley weather.  These adorable outfits are admittedly out of season.  Madi was born in May and so had a few extra warm months to sport cute, tropical outfits.  But since they are right now just her size, I had to at least let Hannah wear them once, snap a picture, and then put them right back in storage.  :)  Please think happy, sun-soaked thoughts as you enjoy Hannah's ode to warmer weather. 

1.  I am thankful for Hannah's innocence, purity and preciousness.
2.  I am thankful for her smiley, cheerful disposition.  If you even glance in her direction, she will practically split her face to beam the sunniest smile back at you!  Oh, she is a joyful, bright spot in our family.

3.  I am thankful for her healthy, strong body.  She kicks and wiggles with the best of them!

4.  I am thankful that she can be calmed and consoled when she is sad or sick.  She can be cheered with a simple voice and will turn right back to an angel baby if you pick her up.  SHE LOVES TO BE HELD and would prefer to spend every waking moment in a set of loving arms.  



5.  I love her bald little Caillou head.  I kiss on her sparsely feathered noggin all day long.  Up until yesterday (when Mom got out the clippers and shaved it) she only had one unfortunate little patch of darkly colored hair in back forming a perfect rat's tail.  I thought I'd even it out and give the rest of her locks a chance to catch up.  Dad was surprised and sad when he noticed in church and held her a little closer, kissed her newly bald spot, and apologized, calling it her lucky little rat's tail.  :)

6.  I am thankful for how many people love and help Hannah.  Her extended family showers us with love and support.  She is one lucky, loved little lass.

7. I love that she loves me.  She knows my voice, my face, my smell.  She nuzzles in to me, pulls my hair, is captivated when I talk, read or sing to her.  She is my little buddy.  She makes me happy and I make her happy.  Win-win.   

8.  EXPRESSIVE EYEBROWS...nuff said!

9.  Her creamy, delicious, white skin.  We thought she might luck out and be an olive-skinned beauty when her jaundiced-stained skin lingered, but once the residual staining departed, our precious pale baby appeared.  She could be one of Jim Gaffigan's albino/polar bear children and we'll definitely have to be careful to smother her in sunscreen, but ooooooh, she is creamy and delicious!  

10.  I am thankful for how Hannah reminds me daily how much Heavenly Father loves our little family and continually showers us with blessings. She helps me remember that heaven is close and God is good.  

4 comments:

Story Family said...

So,so super sweet! Her gummy ear-to-ear grin is absolutely adorable. Hope to snuggle on her soon!!

Jenn said...

OHHHHHH how I just want to kiss those cheeks and love on her, those pics are just wonderful and 10 reasons I'm sure isn't enough to love that sweet face...

Unknown said...

So beautifully written, Kaye! She is lucky to have such wonderful parents. We love all of you!

Lori and Brent said...

How cute is that little Hannah?! What a tender little post! We love you:) also, very cute cover photo of your sweet family.