Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful for Madison Mae


My teeny, tiny turkey toddler turns 18 months two days after Thanksgiving this week.  I am so very grateful for our saucy, spirited witto Miss-too-big-for-her-britches Marvelous Madison Mae!  In keeping with the "10 Reasons I'm Thankful For..."

1.  I'm thankful for Madi's HUGE personality.  To echo the beautiful song from Spirit (her all-time favorite animated movie featuring an untamed stallion):

Here I am, This is me
I come to this world so wild and free
Here I am, So young and strong
Right here in the place where I belong

Madi is a saucy little Texas Tornado.  She exudes energy and life.  Her fun personality definitely consists of a certain degree of NAUGHTINESS.  Madi can escalate QUICKLY.  Madi is determined, stubborn, passionate, willful, and prone to feel things STRONGLY!  Life will never be dull with Madi around.  What a character!
2.  I am soooo thankful for Madi's bright mind.  She has a love of learning.  She has a passion for books.  She loves to be outside on adventures learning and soaking every little thing in!  It is so exciting to watch her mind spinning and growing.  She's quite the talker and is sure she's at least 16 now.  

3.  I'm so thankful for Madi's strong, coordinated body.  Madi is a muscly little thing.  I love her squishy witto face, her kissable nose, soft floppy ears, big blue eyes, CURLY hair, sweet little hands, strong legs, all the way down to her "stinky P.U. feet."  

4. I am thankful that Madi is a big nurturer.  I really think that having a little dog ("Be SOFT, Madi) and a little sister ("soft...Soft...SOFT!") has sparked the little Mama in Madi.  All day long she is strolling her dollies, feeding her horsie toys and dressing/diapering her toys.   When Hannah isn't using her swing or bouncy chair, Madi's babies are.  Madi shares her coveted "blanket-ees" and pacis with her sister and toys.  Truly a 'Lil Mama!   

5.  I know Madi doesn't always bring out my best, but she does help me learn everyday.  Being patient with a room full of first graders was a cake-walk compared to patiently loving and nurturing my own willful tot.  I am thankful that Madi is helping me learn to be my best me, mostly by completely forgetting about ME and learning to serve selflessly and put others first.  

6.  I am thankful that Madi FORCES me to smile and have fun each and every day.  She will keep me young for years to come.  She helps me get out, breathe in the clean air, enjoy the sparkling sun, exercise and treasure life.  Her zest and zeal are contagious.  

7.  I love that Madi loves ME!  She is my 24-7 tumor--I just can't seem to shake her and most of the time I wouldn't want to!  She is definitely my little buddy and makes me feel loved and needed.  I love our dancing, singing, galloping, reading, playing, bathing, cuddling sessions.  

8.  I am eternally thankful for the caring network of fabulous family who love and take care of Miss Madi.  Matt's family is so thoughtful and generous with cards, gifts, canned green beans (Madi's FAVORITE), hair cuts, and endless love and support.  We have hardly had to purchase Madi any new clothes or toys ourselves because they all take care of us so well.  And we'll NEVER forget this precious year when Grandma and Grandpa Black left their beautiful home in Blanding and rented an apartment in Ogden just to be closer to everyone and make it their mission to help and serve and brighten the lives of their grandbabies.  There are no words to thank them for their selfless acts of love and kindness.  They bring us so much joy !  Plus Aunt Jodi.  And Aunt Jill.  OOOOOOh, they are wonderful.  And everyone.  Madi is a lucky, loved, little lass.  Mama is so thankful.       

9.  I am thankful that Madi is our resilient, tenacious, bold and fearless firstborn.  Mommy and Daddy are learning a lot and, sadly, Madi is the guinea pig--our trial run, practice child.  With Hannah we have been able to stress less because of what Madi taught us.  Thanks for paving the way for your siblings and setting the example for those to follow.  That's a big job, and you are up to the challenge!


10.  I am thankful that you were sooooooo worth the wait, Miss Madi.  You have changed my life forever and added meaning and purpose I never knew possible.  Was there ever a life before you?  Not possible!

PURE JOY!

VROOOOOOOOM!  Sound effects for the wagon (she's such a witto boy sometimes).

MUAH, MUAH, MUAH!  I love you so much, Miss Madi.  Be sweet.  Stay safe.  Please grow to be a lovely old lady.
XOXO, Love Mom

5 comments:

Lori and Brent said...

Oh goodness, how precious! Those pictures of her are to die for!!

Unknown said...

Love the new look of your blog! These posts about Madi and Hannah are adorable. What a treasure.

CK Black Family said...

What cute sentiments and pictures! Happy Thanksgiving!

Story Family said...

What a beautiful write-up and stunning pictures to match! That last one of you and her is my favorite!! Love Missy Maddi!

Jenn said...

What incredible pics and perfect descriptions of Miss Madi, we love love love that sweet face!!!