Wednesday, May 18, 2011

XL LOVE


So I will freely admit that I have become gargantuan--LARGE AND IN CHARGE, vast, enormous, gigantic, and simply marvelously massive! During pregnancy (just like at all other times in my life) I felt much better when I was eating. No food was off limits--GREEN LIGHT SAID, "GO!"

Well, for the last month or so it has been a squishy, uncomfortable experience inside my clothes. Since after Christmas, I have rotated between two pairs of maternity jeans and these champs have held up and are still going strong. But I've hated buying tops and that causes all kinds of distress getting dressed in the morning.

So imagine my sheer delight when I came home to find 6 new jumbo-sized tee-shirts waiting for me. Marvelous Matt--sweetly observant, kind, and helpful--keenly aware of my plight, made a special D.I. run for some XL Lovin'. My favorite tee is the size of the original United States flag, bright red, with the motto--BEAR DOWN--screaming at the world on my back. We had a good laugh about the Boston Marathon tee. For Mother's Day he also got me some HUGE, soft, delightful sweats. Matty knows how to treat a lady. I am the luckiest gal on the planet.

P.S. He did, however, mention that my personal trainer is showing up in early June.

P.P.S. Another doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. Madi's due this Sunday so it's really getting exciting now. I'll keep ya posted!

6 comments:

Story Family said...

What a man! Is it sad that I wear a Champion t-shirt and sweats everyday? Hang on to those t's. There's really no need for anything else. The bigger the better!

EmmaJ said...

You should wear the Bear Down shirt when you head in to the hospital. I bet the nurses will love it. I am a fan of the Layers/Mod Bod tees when I am pregnant. I love showing off the bump and I can still wear them after the baby is here.

Brook said...

I love it!! I wish we had a good DI here to buy some matching ones for team Hough! We can't wait! Thanks for the great post!

Marcia said...

It is so nice that you have joined me and Brent as frequent shoppers at DI. Matt is the kindest husband to acknowledge your discomfort and actually go shopping on his own to relieve your suffering.

Catherine Call said...

It's ALL about the COMFORT during the last mile of pregnancy! Rock them sweats, baby!! I am so excited to see pics of the new beauty when she makes her grand arrival! Best of luck to you, we will be thinking of you!

Adri said...

Good luck Kaye!