Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cute Cousins . . . Cont. :)





Yes, Maddie loves her big, huge, fabulous family! The Hough family consists of Grandma Patsy, her three kids (Matt's the baby), and six adorable grandkids (Maddie's the newest addition). We are able to gather together quickly and quite easily with everyone living in Utah--from Price on up north.

The Black family, however, well that's a different story! This side of the family can not be easily gathered or contained for one single photo. Grandma and Grandpa Black had nine kids (Kaye falls in the middle of the tribe), and Madison Mae is their 20th grandchild! We cherish moments when most of us can congregate but wonder if there will ever be a reunion again where ALL of us will be together. So we'll just keep snapping those shots of individual families/cousins as they meet and play with little Maddie Mae.

Mike and Em's family came up to see us after Maddie was born and then Em brought the kids up to help me pack and move out of my first grade classroom (oh, the end of an era). We snapped a few pics of baby Jessica Nicole (just two months older than Maddie) and her mini-cuz together. Madison shares the same middle name as her cousin Amy Mae (because we love HER, and the name, of course). Madison shares the special white streak (a patch of white hair at the front of her head--Mom has it, too) with her cousins Katelyn and Brigham from this family (other cousins have it, too)!







Special Note on cousin Katelyn Susan Black--I lived with Mike and Emily in Pleasant Grove when Katelyn and Amy were just brand new, so of course, they hold a special place in my heart. Katelyn is one of my angel nieces. She and Amy worked tirelessly, they had their mom leave them in Logan with me for several days to work in my classroom--and believe me--they worked! Emily recently told me that when Madison was born, Katelyn was so thrilled for me. That day, as she was home in Bountiful, she would periodically proclaim--"Aunt Kaye has a baby!" She was just so happy for me. It touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. She loves her auntie and was so thrilled when she could finally be a mommy. Oh, I love that Katelyn girl!

1 comment:

Mike and Emily Black Fam said...

Thanks for the blog! SO sad Jessie wouldn't wake up. Just means we will have to get together again to get a better picture!