Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Just like her momma, Maddie LOVES the therapeutic powers of warm, rushing water. She is calmed by the sound and comforted by the water's warm embrace. When we really struggled with breastfeeding in the beginning, one of the only positions we found that worked was sitting over the edge of the tub. The roaring water would silence her sobbing and I would let the water collect around my tootsies, giving me a relaxing foot message that would help me de-stress and let my milk down. A good bath is better than Prozac and Loritab combined (not that I have been prescribed or would combine these two in a deadly cocktail--I just mean it's a mood-booster and a pain reliever all in one)!

FIRST HOSPITAL BATH





FIRST BATH AT HOME--MATT ALWAYS LOVES TO GIVE MADDIE HER BATHS




U.P.S. men (well Matthew Michael, at least) know how to package and deliver sweet, precious parcels:





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! You get a good idea of just how little she is! She looks like a baby doll on that big bath seat!

KEll as Anonymous...