Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Kristin's Quilt for a Lucky Little Lady

Aunt Kristin made this absolutely adorable quilt for little Hannah Kaye.  She sure is a lucky little lady and couldn't be more thrilled with her new treasure (see picture below) .  This definitely calls for a real photo shoot soon, but I quickly snapped some cell phone pics and I just had to post them.  Kristin has such amazing taste and talk about TALENT!  Everything is so precise and perfect.  I cringe remembering my attempt at quilting--a pathetic jean quilt I tied in high school.  Pretty sure that's the time I picked up swearing and eventually I just threw in the towel and resorted to begging and pleading. My mom finally finished the darned blasted thing for me.  Needless to say, my kiddos will probably not be receiving a hand-sewn creation from their own mother.  So I have the utmost respect for some one who will pour such love and time into creating such an amazing heirloom.  Thank heavens for aunts. . . and talented, generous, wonderful ones at that!  Kristin got some better pics of the quilt on her fabulous blog here:  Spaced Blocks

As soon as Hannah cuddled up on this cute creation, she broke into a gigantic smile!  Who wouldn't love these adorable prints and colors?  EVERYONE who lays eyes on this crazy cute quilt breaks into a big smile! :)

Thank you, Aunt Kristin! I love you.

1 comment:

CK Black Family said...

Oh Kaye, you sweetheart! It's fun being able to splurge on a hobby and see a cute happy baby love it!!