Monday, September 5, 2011

Madi's First Trip to San Juan County


Nothing says, "CLASSY," like feeding your infant at a filthy rest-stop. Life on the road can get a little ugly. Almost to Blanding!


First time at Grandpa's House (for Madison...not Lily, she's an old San Juan county pro)

Matthew surprised me with this dapper-dandy 50's inspired hair-do for my birthday fishing trip. Oh, how I love my man and his ever-changing, wacky and entertaining hairstyles. Remember when he did his mafia-inspired slick-back for baby Jessica's blessing? :)



"Here, Fishy Fishy!"

Daddies and Babies


Blue-Eyed Beauties: Madison and Maggie

House on Fire Indian Ruin




I am aware that my sunglasses are sitting all skewampus and I look a little nuts-o, but they were so much more comfortable in this cattywampus position, not squeezing on my head. :)

On the last leg of our dear "family-palooza" road-trip, we headed down to Grandma and Grandpa Black's big, beautiful, empty home in Blanding, UT. It was nicer than any 5-star hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed the luxuries and amenities while enjoying some good, hometown relaxation. I celebrated my birthday in Blanding. We fished, hiked, enjoyed Curtis and Kristen's beautiful family and delicious cooking, went to the dude ranch for a steak dinner cook-out, watched movies, and just had a blast! We took Madi on her first, legitimate hike to the House on Fire Indian ruin in Mule Canyon. It was HOT, but she simply napped away on my tummy in her pack just like the good old pregnancy days. Bittersweet feelings flowed as we packed up for the last time and drove back home sweet home to our beloved Logan, UT. We were sad to wrap up such a wonderful adventure but also genuinely glad to be back home. We celebrated our 1 year anniversary on the ride home and found ourselves more in love than ever...which is truly something after a 2 week family road-trip! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone should celebrate their first year anniversary with a good hike! Glad you found the ruin. Looks so fun! (Mom)

Anonymous said...

We've stopped at that exact same rest stop for some emergency bathroom breaks. Plus once when I was ambitious enough to pack a lunch. I believe we even used the same table!

I loved your vacation posts. Looks like you guys had a great time. Once you hit Kansas you should have kept on driving. You were close to half way here! Next time..

Kellie

CK Black Family said...

Look at you go you bloggin' fool! We were so glad you made blanding one of your stops so we could play!